Photography Editing Tips
If you think the most difficult part of producing a quality image is over when it is snapped, you might want to think again. In order to produce a quality image, photography editing plays a highly important role. Some individuals believe that photography editing is a relatively simple process and it involves correcting the color, removing the imperfections in the image, and adjusting the tones. Even though photography editing involves these tasks, it is just the beginning of editing. There is a wide range of possibilities that can be tried while editing an image. Some of the possibilities are; enhancing the style of the photo, modifying the overall feel of the photo by giving it a personal touch, changing the mood of the photo etc. Photography editing mainly depends upon your imagination. If you give it your best, some editing can turn a simple photo into a something completely different from the raw material.
How to Enhance Photos Using Photography Editing
Following are some of the tips on photography editing using Adobe Photoshop that can be used by individuals who are new to the task.
- Use the Tone Curve panel to modify and adjust the shadows. In order to enhance the richness of the photo, you can set the darks to +10 and shadows to -10.
- For adding density to the photo, specifically to the lower portion, use the Graduated Filter tool. This will give your photo a strong foundation.
- Editing the sky is the key to the overall attractiveness of the photo. One of the issues that are encountered while photographing the sky is brightness. Due to high brightness, the sky does not look natural in photographs. In order to make the sky look natural, you can adjust the luminance of the photo by using the HSL panel.
- In portraits, it is highly important to enhance the skin tones. This can be done by using the Clarity tool. In order to add roughness to the skin tone, you can increase clarity; while to decrease roughness, you can decrease clarity.
- One of the characteristics of digital cameras that are discouraged by photography enthusiasts is the unnatural texture. In order to make the photos more natural looking, you can add grain to your image. Optimum measure for grain will be between 5 to 10 points.
- Another thing to consider in portraits is making the skin smooth by removing the spots left behind by blemishes. In order to achieve this goal, you can the Spot Removal tool.
Thus, it can be said that photography editing is a highly important task in the production of a photo as it adds richness to an otherwise dull image. If done correctly, photography editing can provide unbelievable outcome.